T-Shirt Ideas

We were talking a little bit at the end of last class about different ideas for t-shirts and seems like everyone has some good ideas, so I thought that I’d post this so that we could brain storm a little bit more.

Every time I’ve ever made a t-shirt I’ve done it by making a stencil and used either spray paint or fabric paint for the design.  This works great, it just gets time consuming if the stencil is complicated.  I’d found a stencil online of ED that looks like it would work on a shirt.

But this is as far as I got.

So, any ideas?

8 Comments, Comment or Ping

1. I love this, will be talking about it tonight in my ds106 class. Tonight’s class is on design…..and this is a design…..that I like….understand?

February 8th, 2011

2. rachaeltaylor

This would be a really rad t shirt!

February 8th, 2011

3. stefany

Another idea that I stumbled upon was a sort of parody of the Conan t-shirts. It would just be ED’s hair (done in red of course) with Dickinson written underneath, but I couldn’t see how to fit HD into this.

February 8th, 2011

4. This is pretty sweet. Would there be a way to maybe do them on white shirts and make the hair red? 🙂

February 9th, 2011

5. karl

What if HD was on the back of the shirt stenciled like ED?

February 9th, 2011

6. sarahsmile

i say we have more than one tshirt. seriously.

i really like the idea someone had in class on putting “jersey numbers” on the back of the ED shirts… we could all pick our favorite poem! (one way to do this is order them and have a puffy paint party… yes?)

February 9th, 2011

7. Sarah

Also, I know there are some companies that do Tshirts pretty cheaply (can’t remember names but i’ll do a search) we could probably provide them with the design and they could make them up- I feel like that would maybe last longer than fabric paint….also love the ED design 🙂

February 10th, 2011

8. Claire

We seriously, seriously need to find SOMETHING we can do with HD. Maybe we should wait on t-shirt ideas until March when we’ve read some of her stuff as well?

And I agree, perhaps we should have multiple t-shirts. Lord knows I could always use more shirts from Scanlon classes to confuse people with while on vacation.

February 10th, 2011